At Aqua Leisure Pools and Spas, we pride ourselves on being on top of the pool and spa trends for each year. Over the past few years, there have been more families looking at walk-in pools for their backyard oasis. But what exactly is a walk-in pool and is it a good fit for your family’s needs?
What is a walk-in pool?
A walk-in pool, also known as a beach entry pool or zero-entry pool, is a pool that has a gradual slope that allows you to walk directly into the swimming pool without steps. However, some pool owners do like to have steps added to the design.
While many people enjoy the look and ease of entry of a walk-in pool, there are some considerations you need to consider before you choose a walk-in pool.
Pros and Cons of Walk-In Pools
If you have a large yard and are looking to glamorize it into a backyard oasis, then a walk-in pool may be an easy choice. But let the pool professionals at Aqua Leisure Pools and Spas give you the inside scoop on walk-in pools.
Pros of a Walk-In Pool
- Ease of Entry: If you have small children or have a loved one with a physical disability, the ease of entering your walk-in pool will be enough to have you saying yes to this design. The gentle slopes allow you to carefully enter the water without extreme dips in height.
- Pet Safe: Pools are for everyone in the family–even Fido! A walk-in pool allows your canine companions to enjoy the water without risk of injury due to steps or a ladder. Plus, if your pet doesn’t enjoy the water, the exit is just as easy as an entrance.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: If your second home is the beach or you consider yourself a mermaid or merman, then a walk-in pool is exactly what you need. The smooth slopes and customizable features allow you to bring the beach to your back door.
Cons of a Walk-in Pool
- Price: Because of the size of the pool and skill and time needed to create them, many pool companies simply don’t offer walk-in pools because they aren’t attainable for the average family.
- You Build Upon It: More often than not, a walk-in pool will be designed utilizing a pre-existing pool. So if you are starting from scratch, your cost is going to increase drastically.
- Space: These walk-in pools are not for postage stamp-sized yards. If you live in a rural area and have acres of land that is flat, the walk-in pool may be good for you. But know this–the more forest friends you have already, the more likely they are to take a dip in your pool at night.
Knowing if a walk-in pool is right for you can be complex, especially if you are a first-time pool owner. If you have questions about what type of swimming pool is the right choice for you, don’t hesitate to call the pool professionals at Aqua Leisure Pools and Spas.
AQUA LEISURE POOLS AND SPAS – Walk-In Pools
If you are considering an inground pool to complete your backyard oasis, the pool professionals at Aqua Leisure Pools and Spas can help. We are the leading pool provider in the Wyoming Valley, and we will work with you to help pick and create the pool that is right for your family. Contact us today for a free quote!