Above-Ground, In-Ground, What’s Better All Around?
When it comes to investing in a swimming pool, you want to ensure that you’re getting the pool that best suits your needs. Should you get an in-ground fiberglass pool or would a vinyl-lined above-ground pool be more beneficial? The pros at Aqua Leisure Pools & Spas are here to break it down for you.
If you’re looking for immediate summer fun, an above-ground pool may be right for you.
- They come ready to build; you can build them in a day or two, especially if you have them professionally installed.
- If you ever decide that you no longer want the pool, it can be easily taken down with minimal damage to your yard.
- They require less daily maintenance compared to in-ground pools.
Generally coming in three standard depths of 48”, 52”, or 54”, this type of pool may also be the better option for children learning how to swim. In-ground pools can have depths of over 8 feet in certain areas. Since above-ground pools are not at ground level, they have a lower chance of people, especially children, falling in and getting hurt.
While we always enjoy selling above-ground pools, there are reasons why an in-ground pool may be better for you.
- While above-ground pools are easy to build, they are also easier to break. A really bad move can lead to needing a whole new liner in your pool or worse.
- Maintaining the pool may be easier but vacuuming an above-ground pool can be difficult without a deck.
- You can’t truly customize the pool in the way that you can with an in-ground pool, as most above-ground pools come in standard shapes and sizes.
- They only last around 10-15 years and their liners need to be replaced every 5 to 8 years, as they start to wear out and become more susceptible to tears.
An in-ground swimming pool is a great investment if you plan on having your pool around for years as they can last for decades if properly maintained. This type of pool will make your yard look like a resort, especially when paired with landscaping. There are also so many options, such as:
In-ground pools also have several other benefits that an above-ground pool doesn’t.
- They are customizable in shape and size.
- Because they are made with sturdier materials, they are less likely to break or need frequent repairs.
- Fiberglass pools specifically are easier to clean because they are non-porous and do not permit algae or dirt to penetrate through. Because of this, they often require fewer chemicals to stay clean.
There are a few downsides to an in-ground pool that an above-ground doesn’t have.
- In-ground pools are difficult to install and often take time to complete.
- Above-ground pools are just placed in your yard, whereas in-ground pools require you to dig up the section of your yard where it will be installed.
- A vinyl-liner pool can take up to 6 weeks to construct.
- Getting rid of your in-ground pool once all the kids have moved out can be a hefty job.
- In-ground pools also require more maintenance, as they generally have more complex filtration systems.
With so many pros and cons to each, it can seem difficult to choose. At the end of the day, your swimming pool should be a reflection of you and your family. By choosing Aqua Leisure Pools and Spas as your pool provider, you just can’t go wrong.
CONTACT THE POOL PROS
If you’re ready to invest in a pool that will bring your family joy for years to come, contact Aqua Leisure Pools & Spas. Our pool people will ensure that this summer will be the coolest one yet!
Posted by Aqua Leisure Pools & Spas in Pools